Sunday 26 February 2012

When I Fall in Love: The Nat King Cole Story, March 8-10


You may be interested in the return of When I Fall in Love: The Nat King Cole Story, starring Bert Labonte.  3 nights only at the Chapel off Chapel from March 8 to 10, 2012

Bert LaBonte in When I Fall In Love: The Nat King Cole Story


Excerpt from my review of the first Melbourne season, December 14, 2011 


BERT LABONTE launches a charm offensive on us with this homage to legendary, black singer, Nat King Cole, who attributed his silky tones to the three packs of Kool cigarettes a day that eventually killed him.

When I Fall In Love is a musical journey through Cole’s life from his humble, Alabama childhood as the son of a preacher, to playing jazz piano and singing in bars, his television show and rise stardom, his womanising and failed marriages....

Continued on Blog: December 14, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment